Saturday, April 17, 2010

Top five lessons leanred from The Crazies ( SPOILERS)

5. The government is evil. They will kill EVERYONE you know, no matter what. And soldiers are heartless, they will also kill everyone you know, no matter what. Just orders, sir.

4. Fucking people who hunt ducks really wish they were hunting humans and they'll take any excuse ( even if it isn't a good one like contamination of the water supply) to play target practice with human clay pigeons.

3. People in horror films have never seen a horror film. If they had this movie would not have taken place, they just would have had lots of sex and then shot themselves because when it comes to contamination of water no one is safe and you had better kill yourself before you get stuck in a morgue with someone who likes to sew.

2. No one minds when a nuclear blast hits Iowa. I mean, it's not like it makes that much a difference anyway.

1. Truckers will live to rule the world someday because apparently Semi's can sustain nuclear holocaust and remain pretty much intact.

Aside:

I know everyone is going to laugh, but I was actually really impressed with this movie. It had some pretty awesome cinematography and just happened to take my mind off my utterly disastrous room and the fact that I have to wake up at 8 AM tomorrow morning.

PS. I've noticed a theme throughout horror films: Love lasts. While everything else is going to shit even if you end up killing each other in some horrific way at least you loved each other up till the very end even when you were slitting your boyfriends throat.
I kind of like this fact. It makes me feel pretty fuzzy. Well, that is, as fuzzy as one can feel during a bloodbath.

No comments:

Post a Comment